A PRAYER REQUEST, Sept. 28th, 2012
“I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day.” Abraham Lincoln, Lincoln Observed: The Civil War Dispatches of Noah Brooks edited by Michael Burlingame (Baltimore, Johns Hopkins University Press, 1998), p. 210.
We have received multiple announcements about a specific nation-wide day of prayer scheduled for this weekend. We applaud the idea and will join our prayer request with these. There was also a day of fasting mentioned. This was a practice of the Continental Congress during the War for Independence. If fasting is a part of your religious observance, we encourage you to join this nationwide fast. In any event, please join your prayers with ours and many others this weekend and please make prayer for our nation a daily practice.
“The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man (or woman) availeth much.” James 5:16
1. Wildfires – The number of large wildfires uncontained has dropped from 36 to 30. There are still serious and dangerous fires mostly in the Northwest, but the prayers of our nation are having an effect. Please remember to ask for God’s continued help with the wildfires.
2. Drought – The Western Regional Climate Center showed minor improvement in the East Coast, Great Lakes, and the Ohio Valley. However the drought is running its course with major damage to our food growing capacity. We must be grateful for the help in the East, and please ask for the elements to be tempered and that the rain will come in due season that our food supply will be sufficient for our needs.
3. Planned Parenthood and other abortion providers are targeting many pro-life members of Congress for defeat this election. We cannot match their untold millions in contributions, but we have a stronger force in prayer. Please pray that the pro-life members of Congress may be retained, and that many more pro-life members be elected. When many Americans pray for abortion to stop, the God of Heaven will hear and give us the resources and the Congress to pass “The Life Begins at Conception Act”, which will overturn Roe vs. Wade.
4. Sunday, September 30th, is Gold Star Mother’s Day. This day is in remembrance of the mothers of those who gave their lives in service to our country. Let us pray that those in the armed services may be restored to their loved ones rapidly and safely and that all Gold Star Mothers may be comforted.
5. The Internet, with all of its faults, is the closest thing to an unbiased news source available to most Americans. The head of Homeland Security, Janet Napolitano, says that the five page Presidential Executive Order controlling the Internet is close to completion. Please pray that our source of news may remain uncontrolled and that efforts to control the Internet may come to naught.
While we have much to be thankful for in America, this election year holds many dangers for Liberty. Remember to pray daily for our nation and urge your family and friends to do the same. As we try to live close to the laws of God, we will be able, with confidence, to address the Father of us all and call down the powers of heaven so richly promised.
“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” II Chronicles 7: 14.
God Bless America,
Will Christensen & Rachel Nolan of the Prayer Committee
Independent American Party