A PRAYER REQUEST October 12, 2012
We have received several notices of a call to spend one minute in prayer daily for our country. The practice is supposed to have begun during World War II. I quote from the letter:
“Do you believe we can take God at His word? Call upon His name, then stand back and watch His wonders unfold. This scripture gives us, as Christians, ownership of this land and the ability to call upon God to heal it. I challenge you to do that. We have never been more desperate than now for God to heal our land.
“Someone said if people really understood the full extent of the power we have available through prayer, we might be speechless. Our prayers are the most powerful asset we have.”
We encourage people of all faiths to pray daily for our nation. It is gratifying to see that the power of prayer Is being mobilized across our land. Please join your prayers with ours and many others this weekend and please make prayer for our nation a daily practice.
“The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man (or woman) availeth much.” James 5:16
1. Wildfires – The number of large wildfires uncontained has dropped from 30 to 16. There are still serious and dangerous fires mostly in the Northwest, but the prayers of our nation are having a good effect. There is some evidence to indicate that some of these fires were deliberately set. If this is so, would you include in your prayers that those who are setting the fires may be caught and dealt with legally, and to ask for God’s continued help with these destructive fires.
2. Drought – The Western Regional Climate Center report shows rains in the northern Great Plains, Mid-west, Mid-Atlantic, and Florida. However the drought is still running its course with major damage to our food growing capacity. We must give thanks for the rain received, and ask for the elements to be tempered and that rain will come in due season so that our food supply may be sufficient for our needs.
3. Six states, AZ, IN, KS, NC, TX, & WI, have passed bills to defund Planned Parenthood. There are three bills in Congress which would do the same. From 2002 to 2009 Planned Parenthood has received over 600 million in federal grants and contracts, taxpayer money. If you wish to send a prepared letter to your Senators and Representative supporting the three bills in Congress, go to this link: https://www.votervoice.net/JBS/Campaigns/23820/Respond. Let us pray that the most innocent among us will soon receive the protection of the federal and state governments.
4. This election will have far reaching effects on our freedom and liberty. Prayer that the Spirit of Freedom may sink deeply into the hearts of the people of our nation to help citizens make the decisions which will be best for America. State candidates as well as national will decide on the future course of our nation. Pray that wisdom and integrity may be exhibited by our elected officials as well as our people.
5. Thursday, Congress sent a letter to President Obama indicating regulation of the Internet would hurt freedom of expression. In a September article, The Wall Street Journal concurs. Please make freedom of the Internet a focus of your daily prayers for our country.
Remember to pray daily for our nation and urge your family and friends to do the same. While we have much to be thankful for in America, this election year holds many dangers for Liberty. As we try to live closer to the laws of God, we will be able, with confidence, to address the Father of us all and call down the powers of heaven so richly promised.
“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” II Chronicles 7: 14.
God Bless America,