A Presidential Debate Among 3rd-Parties: Will Christensen’s Answers
“THIRD PARTY- FIRST” PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE published by Examiner.com
Will Christensen’s Answers to Questions posed by Examiner.com (Will is the Independent American Party’s Candidate for President of the United States) For answers of other 3rd-Party Candidates, go to Examiner.com
1. What are the major differences between the three of you (includes Romney & Obama) on how you’d create new jobs?
1. The Federal Government can best improve the job situation by eliminating regulation and lowering business taxation. I will give the following assignments to the Cabinet:
The Department of Energy will bring the United States to energy independence by eliminating federal restrictions on all energy development.
The Department of Labor will shepherd a bill through Congress to fine or jail employers of illegal aliens. As the jobs for illegal aliens dry up, they will self-deport, leaving 12 million jobs for Americans and legal immigrants.
The Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisors will review the United States Tax Code to bring it into line with free enterprise principles and get needed changes through Congress. A second assignment is to research the laws that are currently in force which affect the ability of our industry to effectively compete worldwide and to develop bills to eliminate these laws and promote their passage in Congress.
Industry and jobs will come back to America when regulation & tax policy are business friendly instead of business restrictive.
2. What are the differences between the three of you as to how you’d go about reducing the deficit?
2. The Cabinet Officers will have these assignments:
The Secretary of Defense will bring our troops safely but rapidly home from foreign wars. This will save trillions.
The Secretary of the Treasury will bring the assets of the Federal Reserve under the control of the Treasury Department using the Voorhis Bill or some other bill. This will eliminate interest paid on the National Debt.
The Secretary of State will develop bills halting all foreign aid and withdrawing from the United Nations, NATO, SEATO, NAFTA, WTO, World Court, International Monetary Fund, etc, and promote their passage in Congress. These will save additional trillions.
As we reach energy independence our oil dollars will stay at home stimulating our economy and creating untold jobs. Energy independence will again help us to be an energy exporting nation creating many jobs.
As government shrinks, the cost of government will also shrink.
3. Do you see a major difference between the three of you on social security?
3. Yes, I propose that our citizens and legal immigrants be allowed to withdraw their social security funds to invest in private programs. There would then be two programs, private ones and traditional Social Security. When a person opts to withdraw from Social Security and go private, return to Social Security would not be open for them. This is the program devised by University of Chicago economists for the government of Chile. It worked very well several decades ago and I believe it will work here. As long as there is one person who wishes traditional Social Security the program would be available for them, and thus the Federal Government will keep its promises to its citizens.
4. What is your view about the level of federal regulation on the economy? Too much or should there be more?
4. Thomas Jefferson is quoted as saying;
“That government is best which governs least.”
Government regulation of the economy is generally a failed European idea that has taken root here. Study Europe and see what government regulation has done. Socialism and Fascism spring from regulation of the economy and we want neither in America. The elitist idea that regulators can be wiser than the Law of Supply and Demand is at best ludicrous. If we want to keep our economic shambles, then by all means keep the stifling regulations we have and add to them. If we want prosperity and liberty, then cut the shackles of government regulation and free the American people to excel in their chosen fields.
5. Do you want to repeal the Affordable Care Act? Or what is your argument against repealing the Affordable Care Act? How would you replace “Obama-care” if it’s replaced?
5. The Constitution is the law which governs what the federal government may legally do. Article I Section 8 lists the authority of Congress and what laws may be proposed. Nowhere in that section is healthcare mentioned, which makes ObamaCare clearly unconstitutional and therefore worthy of repeal. Healthcare is at best a state or local issue. I will promote its repeal and turn that issue back to the states or the people.
6. Do you believe there’s a difference between the three of you as to how you view the role of the federal government?
6. I believe that Mr. Goode, Mr. Johnson and I see the role of the federal government pretty much the same. The federal government must be controlled by the chains of the Constitution. The American people are a most inventive, productive, and talented people when they are not stifled by regulations. They must be set free from excessive taxation and the laws that come with it. When this freedom is accomplished, we will see a happy, prosperous, and free nation which will again be the envy of the world.
7. Does the federal government have a responsibility to improve the quality of public education in America?
7. The federal government has amassed almost total control of our education system. Edicts flow from Washington in an apparently endless stream which essentially control what is taught, and how it is taught. The ever lowering test scores are a result of this control by Washington.
Our Secretary of Education will painlessly but rapidly transfer all educational control to the local school districts or the states. When that assignment is completed she will phase out the Department of Education.
Bringing education under local control is the best way to improve the quality of public education in America.
8. What would you do about partisan gridlock?
8. Partisan gridlock can be handled by publishing voting records of Congress on the internet by state and Congressional District. When constituents may see what “their representatives” are doing, those representatives will quickly conform to local standards. An occasional press release to the district of troublesome members of Congress will usually bear fruit. When the American people are told the truth, they will invariably make the right decision.
9. Closing statement
9. Following the failed European pattern of endless alliances and wars, central banking, cartels, Socialism, Fascism, and Insider control of the political process has made the United States a broke, controlled nation. Following tried and true American principles of limited government, no entangling alliances, and free and independent people, will return our nation to prosperity and liberty. The American people are ready to choose liberty and prosperity.