Finding Favor with a God who will Fight our Battles! Prayer Request, Dec. 17th, 2012
December 15th was Bill of Rights Day, which commemorates the date in 1791 that the first ten amendments were officially added to the U.S. Constitution. The Bill of Rights is the foundation upon which our American way of life is founded.
The liberties protected in the Bill of Rights are under attack from Congressional legislation, from treaties, and from unconstitutional legislation from the President (Executive Orders, Signing Statements, etc). It is fitting for us to remember the Bill of Rights in our daily prayer for our nation all year long. May our citizens understand and cherish these rights, then restore and preserve them.
There are several positive events on ObamaCare and abortion, court cases which may overturn ObamaCare and defund the abortion industry. It is refreshing and gives us hope to see the courts being used to support liberty and morality:
1. Liberty Counsel’s case against ObamaCare will be reheard at the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond, Virginia. This is the most advanced case against ObamaCare in the judicial system, and Liberty Counsel wins 92% of their cases. http://www.lc.org/index.cfm?PID=14100&PRID=1255
2. The American Center for Law and Justice has filed three cases against the abortion-drug mandate in ObamaCare. http://aclj.org/obamacare
3. The Tenth Amendment Center has a four step program to stop ObamaCare on the state level. Get this information to your state legislators so they can start nullification proceedings immediately in your state. http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/2012/12/12/4-steps-you-can-take-to-stop-obamacare-now/
Please pray for the success of the Liberty Counsel case and the ACLJ cases, and also that state legislators all across the country may understand and apply nullification to unconstitutional federal laws.
1. The American Center for Law and Justice has two cases which could remove taxpayer funding from Planned Parenthood, America’s foremost abortion provider. http://aclj.org/planned-parenthood
2. Six states have passed legislation defunding Planned Parenthood. The U.S. Government Accountability Office reported that between 2002 and 2009 pro-abortion groups received over one billion dollars in federal funding. http://www.lc.org/index.cfm?PID=14102&AlertID=880
Please pray that federal & state funding of abortion will cease. https://www.votervoice.net/JBS/Campaigns/23820/Respond has a prepared letter for your Senators & Representative supporting three defunding bills.
The United Nations
The United Nations has proposed a resolution, “the Defamation of Religions”, which would make it an international crime to share your Christian faith.
Please pray that this Resolution fails and that the United States will move to defund and withdraw from the UN. https://www.votervoice.net/JBS/Campaigns/28741/Respond has a prepared letter for your Senators & Representative supporting H.R. 1146 which will end our membership in the UN.
May we rededicate ourselves to God and His laws. Religious freedom is a gift from heaven that is more evident in our nation than in any other we know. As we draw closer to God and His law, we will see His hand move to preserve and restore our liberty. May those who would take our freedom be denied the political, financial, media, and organizational means to do so. As we bring our lives into order with divine law, may we see God’s almighty hand blessing our nation.
“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” II Chronicles 7: 14.